Rail transport is one of the important modes of transport in India. Nowadays we see that there are railways that are present for the long as well as short distance travelling which makes the life of the people easier. When compared to other means of transport, a railway is the cheapest means of transport. The maintenance of the railway database also plays a major role in the smooth running of this system. The railway database system project will help in storing the information regarding the tracks, the train name, train id, train schedules, stations, the information about the source and the destination of the train etc.
The track is one of the factors that strike to our mind when we speak about railways. The train may reach the intended destination through different tracks or through the single track which connects the source to the destination. A railway system needs to model the following:
- Stations: Destinations where the passengers get down of the train.
- Tracks: It is the one which helps in reaching the intended destination. It is the one which connects the stations.
- Trains: The passengers travel in it. The trains will be having the name and the id number.
- Train schedules: It is actually a prediction of the time that the train reaches each station.
- Time in and time out: For each train at every station there is a time in or time out time. It indicates that passengers should get in and get out of the train only within that particular duration of time.
- Sequence number: Stations can be ordered using the sequence number.
Nowadays the passenger can book the railway tickets online easily than waiting in long queues to obtain the ticket. The passenger ticket booking system should include the name of the train, source, destination, time, date of arrival or departure etc.
Download source codes in www.sourcecodefiles.com