Travel and Tourism Management System SRS-Part3
1. ADMINISTRATOR MODULE:
This module provides administrator related functionality. Administrator manages all information and has access rights to add, delete, edit and view the data related to places, travels, routes, bookings, restaurants etc.
2. TRAVELS MODULE:
This module provides the details of various travel agencies. A user can select the appropriate agency depending on convenience and accessibility.
3. ROUTES MODULE:
This module provides information related to various routes connecting sources and destinations. For each route, information such as source, destination, fare, reservation details, pick up points etc are provides. Only administrator can add , delete, edit and manage the data. Users can only view the information.
4. RESERVATIONS MODULE:
This module provides functionalities that allow a user to book tickets or cancel previously booked tickets. The module maintains the details of all reservations made so far and allows administrator to either confirm or reject the bookings.
5. TESTIMONIALS MODULE:
Users of this application can post their opinions, complaints and suggestions regarding this portal and services to the administrator. Accordingly, the administrator can take various steps to act on the complaints and suggestions.
Operating System : Windows
Technology : Java and J2EE
IDE : My Eclipse
Web Server : Tomcat
Database : MySql5.0
Java Version : J2SDK1.5
Hardware : Pentium
RAM : 1GB
Input design is a part of overall system design. The main objective during the input design is as given below:
- To produce a cost-effective method of input.
- To achieve the highest possible level of accuracy.
- To ensure that the input is acceptable and understood by the user.
The main input stages can be listed as below:
- Data recording
- Data transcription
- Data conversion
- Data verification
- Data control
- Data transmission
- Data validation
- Data correction
It is necessary to determine the various types of inputs. Inputs can be categorized as follows:
- External inputs, which are prime inputs for the system.
- Internal inputs, which are user communications with the system.
- Operational, which are computer department’s communications to the system?
- Interactive, which are inputs entered during a dialogue.
At this stage choice has to be made about the input media. To conclude about the input media consideration has to be given to;
- Type of input
- Flexibility of format
- Verification methods
- Rejection rates
- Ease of correction
- Storage and handling requirements
- Easy to use
Keeping in view the above description of the input types and input media, it can be said that most of the inputs are of the form of internal and interactive. As
Input data is to be the directly keyed in by the user, the keyboard can be considered to be the most suitable input device.
Outputs from computer systems are required primarily to communicate the results of processing to users. They are also used to provide a permanent copy of the results for later consultation. The various types of outputs in general are:
- External Outputs whose destination is outside the organization.
- Internal Outputs whose destination is with in organization and they are the User’s main interface with the computer.
- Operational outputs whose use is purely with in the computer department.
- Interface outputs, which involve the user in communicating directly with the system.
The outputs should be defined in terms of the following points:
- Type of the output
- Content of the output
- Format of the output
- Location of the output
- Frequency of the output
- Volume of the output
- Sequence of the output
It is not always desirable to print or display data as it is held on a computer. It should be decided as which form of the output is the most suitable.
- Will decimal points need to be inserted
- Should leading zeros be suppressed.
In the next stage it is to be decided that which medium is the most appropriate for the output. The main considerations when deciding about the output media are:
- The suitability for the device to the particular application.
- The need for a hard copy.
- The response time required.
- The location of the users
- The software and hardware available.
Keeping in view the above description the project is to have outputs mainly coming under the category of internal outputs. The main outputs desired according to the requirement specification are:
The outputs were needed to be generated as a hard copy and as well as queries to be viewed on the screen. Keeping in view these outputs, the format for the output is taken from the outputs, which are currently being obtained after manual processing. The standard printer is to be used as output media for hard copies.
Download Complete Project SRS: