The purpose of Boutique Management system is to implement the computerization of the clothes inventory and sales etc. BMS (Boutique Management System) that designed to manage your boutique is very user friendly software. With this software, you can generate report based on your preference (daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly).
Boutique Management System
Software Requirements Specification (SRS)
SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS SPECIFICATIONS DOCUMENT
This document provides details about the entire software requirements specification for the Boutique Management System.
The purpose of this system is to implement the computerization of the clothes inventory and sales etc. This uses the MS Access database and substitution encryption/decryption technique to hide passwords of users.
The name of the project is Boutique Management System (BMS).
BMS (Boutique Management System) that designed to manage your boutique is very user friendly software. With this software, you can generate report based on your preference (daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly).
Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations :-
This program is a menu driven program. When we click the main menu the different forms will be enabled.
The program consists of the following modules:
- Source listing
This module is suppose to identify the products by their discription.
- Add products
This module is suppose to take the inputs from an input device.
- Add customers
This module is capable of adding customers in the specified formats.
- Update and delete products
This module will update and delete products.
- Update and delete customers
This module will be able to update and delete customers
In this module the admin or emplyee can search the customer or products from the database based on criterias
This module will take up transactions like selling products, buying products from supplier updating cash and updating the bills.Appropriate actions will be taken.
- Report Generation
This is a client program which will request for reports.
Functional components of the project :-
Administrator or Staff needs to register to the application and login in order to access the software.
There are two types of users in the system
As soon as the user logs in to the system the home page is displayed. The home page should be a dashboard from where the user can go to any of the other functionality available in the site
1) Contents of Home Page
- Search textbox with a go Button to search for individual items
- A list of all Categories available in the system. It will also show in brackets the items up for sale in this category
- Sell an Item link
2) Functional specification for Search
The search should be a case insensitive search for items which contain the search key word. The search results should display all the items which matched the search criteria. It will return only those items which are up for sale currently.
3) Sell an Item
When the user clicks on Sell an item link, then a page comes up which allows the user to do the following:-
- Provide a title for the item and a description of the Item.
- There will be Upload Image Button which the user uses to upload an image of the item. There will be an Upload text button by which the user can upload a word document giving the description/specification of the item.
- A text box to put in the minimum price
- A text box to provide the date.
4) Category Browsing
When the user clicks on any of the Categories in the home page, a new page should open up which shows all the items up for sale in the Category.
5) Buy an Item (Item Home page)
The Item home page can be reached either by clicking on the search results or by clicking on an Item while doing Category browsing.
The Item home page contains the following:-
- The title of the Item
- The Description of the Item
- Uploaded images for the item(if any)
- Uploaded documents for the item(if any)
- The name of the Seller (This will be a link which opens up a new page which gives the rating of the seller)
- The minimum price (if any)
- The current price.
6) Edit an Item
The sellers should be able to edit the item. The seller should be able to do the following:-
1) Upload a new Image
2) Upload a document
3) Change Price
Product Functions :-
The product functions will include the following areas.
The application is capable enough to store different products and also perform some editng on them that is added.It will be having user friendly GUI’s that will guide the user to easily achive the same.
- User Form
- Adding users
- Adding products
- Updating users
- Updating products
- Searching users and products
- Report generations
User characteristics :-
- No pre knowledge of html
- No pre knowledge of database management
- Should be familiar with internet
- Should know English
- Should be able to use and do according to the graphical user interface
Assumptions and Dependencies :-
The product assumes that the users don’t opt for the same product number simultaneously.
Cannot support multiple user interfaces.
Performance Requirements :-
Performance requirements are :
- good working pc with all the requirements as stated in the hardware interfaces
- works for medium size information databases
- should not be overloaded
Future Developments :-
- multiple user interface
- support for large database
- MS access for database
Download project SRS :