Online Shopping System helps in buying of goods, products and services online by choosing the listed products from website(E-Commerce site). The proposed system helps in building a website to buy, sell products or goods online using internet connection. Purchasing of goods online, user can choose different products based on categories , online payments , delivery services and hence covering the disadvantages of the existing system and making the buying easier and helping the vendors to reach wider market.
Online Shopping System project synopsis
1. Title of the Project :
Online Shopping System
2. Objective of the Project :
The system helps in buying of goods, products and services online by choosing the listed products from website(E-Commerce site).
3. Project Category :
4. Language(s) to be used :
Front End :
Back End :
5. Structure of the program :
In day to day life, we will need to buy lots of goods or products from a shop. It may be food items, electronic items, house hold items etc etc. Now a days, it is really hard to get some time to go out and get them by ourselves due to busy life style or lots of works. In order to solve this, B2C E-Commerce websites have been started. Using these websites, we can buy goods or products online just by visiting the website and ordering the item online by making payments online.
This existing system of buying goods has several disadvantages. It requires lots of time to travel to the particular shop to buy the goods. Since everyone is leading busy life now a days, time means a lot to everyone. Also there are expenses for travelling from house to shop. More over the shop from where we would like to buy some thing may not be open 24*7*365. Hence we have to adjust our time with the shopkeeper’s time or vendor’s time.
In order to overcome these, we have e-commerce solution, i.e one place where we can get all required goods/products online. The proposed system helps in building a website to buy, sell products or goods online using internet connection. Purchasing of goods online, user can choose different products based on categories , online payments , delivery services and hence covering the disadvantages of the existing system and making the buying easier and helping the vendors to reach wider market.
Advantages of the new system proposed
- Choose products faster and easier at one place.
- Saves time of travelling to the vendor/seller’s place.
- Good/Trusted & Tension free delivery services. Products bought online will be delivered to the footsteps of the buyer free of cost(may be varied based on the vendor/seller).
- Alerts and real time reporting through Emails (to both vendor as well as buyer).
- Reports generated can be saved for future references.
- Inventory reports for the vendor/seller on daily, monthly, yearly basis.
Module Description :
The system consists of the following modules :
- Master Maintenance :
This module consists of information about the products and services. This includes two sub-modules, Product master and Price master.
- Product master includes the information about particular product, such as product number, item, name, category, images of products, description, features, and constraints of products. All these will be entered to the database through product master and hence made available in the website. In Other words product master is the admin area for the vendors/sellers where they can put information about their products which are to be displayed in the website.
- Price master deals with the cost of the product, discounts applicable for the particular product of a vendor/seller.
- Transactions :
In this module, management of shopping cart is done. This module will add the bought item to the shopping cart, where all items that are to be purchased can be reviewed once again after the item is bought from the cart. Payment will be done on Delivery of the items ( Cash On Delivery).
- Reporting :
In this module all reports will be generated. Whenever a item is sold, or customer orders a product, its vendor should be sent an alert via email immediately so that he can ship that item soon.
This module has 3 sub modules; Stock Reports, Order Reports and Delivery Reports.
- Stock Report will produce reports of the quantity of the products available and product status.
- Order Report will have the list of products ordered and the customer details who have bought that product, which are undelivered.
- Delivery Reports will generate products list, which are delivered to customers.
- House Keeping :
This module takes care of data which are older than a certain period. It will allow the vendor to archive the reports generated or transaction and business history reported by Reporting module.
6. Future scope of the Project :
- Most generic consumer to consumer e-commerce website,which covers almost all possible categories,with 2 level listing.
- Maximize benefits and minimize the disadvantages of a common e-commerce website.
- User friendly, Vendor friendly environment.