This article contains Cake Ordering System SRS. Database is included for more than one user in the COS system. Every user has a unique master key and it will uniquely open the database for each user. Admin provides different username and password for each user. This includes a wide range of sales activities. This software aims at the sales of cake for each customer hence reducing paper work. It also provides day by day reports to keep track of all the sales activities.
INTENDED USERS AND READING SUGGESTIONS:
This Software Requirements document is intended for:
- Administrator:should have the basic Knowledge of computers and Visual Basicin order to perform tasks. An Admin can access to any users profile whereas a user cannot access neither to admins profile nor to any other users profile.
- User who should have the basic Knowledge of computers and Visual Basic in order to perform tasks and who wishes to read about what this project can do. User can access only the services given by the Admin.
- Developers who can view project’s abilities and can easily understand to add more features for future development.
SCOPE: This project is helpful to computerize the sales activities and the payment given to the user.
- PankajJalote, An Integrated Approach to Software Engineering, Third Edition, Narosa Publications
The system functionality provides an overview of this document.SRS is like an agreement between the developer and the client of how the software “COS” is to be constructed. The correct understanding of the SRS enables us to do correct software and will be useful in future stages for the development of the project. This system helps us to manage all the sale transactions in an easily sorted manner.The project “Cake Ordering System” is developed to maintain and track the Sales activities.
- Administrator: The administrator of the company is allowed to access all the services in the system. The username and password for the end user is given by the administrator.
- User: The user is allowed to access the services given by the administrator like ordering, billing etc.
- Processor: Intel dual core or above
- Processor Speed: 1.0 GHZ or above
- RAM: 1 GB RAM or above
- Hard Disk: 20 GB hard disk or above.
- Operating Systems: Windows XP/2000/2003/2007
ASSUMPTIONS AND DEPENDANCIES:
- Basic knowledge of the computers should be known by the users and we also assure that software user manual and training documentation will be given to the users
Introduction: Authorized users are allowed to access.
Input: User enters the User type, Username and password.
Process Definition: Checks User type, Username and password is valid or not.
Output: User is directed to next page or shows the message box “Login Failed”.
Introduction: Only Admin can access the page.
Input: Admin has the authority to provide username and password for new users
Process Definition: Checks same username and password exists or not and also checks whether all the fields are entered.
Output: Employee gets the username and password.
Introduction: Only Admin can access the page and check the report.
Input: Username, from date, to date
Process Definition: It retrieve’s all the information stored from different tables.
Output: Requested report is generated.
Input:cake name, rate
Process Definition:A new type of cake is added which includes the name of the cake and the rate. Also the details can be edited if necessary only by the admin. Along with this any of the details can easily be deleted by him.
Output:A new cake and a rate is added to the system.
Input:outside stuffing, inside stuffing, rate
Process Definition:2 types of cake flavour are added namely outside stuffing and inside stuffing and separate rate is added for flavours’. The admin has the authority to modify the details added and he also has the right to delete those details. .
Output:A new cake and a rate is added to the system.
Input: Orderno, name, contact, cake name, stuffing’s, quantity
Process Definition:Here the customer orders for cake by providing his name and contact for identification and a unique order number will be generated from the software.
Output: A separate bill is generated for the confirmationpurpose. All the information is being saved in the database.
Input: Order no
Process Definition:On the day of delivery, as soon as the customer produces the bill of order and his unique order number, the user checks in the system whether that order number and order is available or not. If so he will pass the bill of order to the production counter.
Output: As soon as this procedure is done, ticket can be generated. All the information is saved in the database including the ticket no.
EXTERNAL INTERFACE REQUIREMENT:
- GUI is provided by the software which is self-explanatory.
- User friendly forms, menus and options are contained by the software.
- Designing of the product have to be studied by the developer.
- Software gives warnings with necessary assistance to the clients.
- Keyboard and mouse are the input for all the systems designed forms.
- Keyboard and mouse will provide user friendly interaction between the user and the system and the forms can be viewed through a monitor in GUI.
- The software is developed with all the basic controls and class provided in VB .Net.
- Application Package must be installed.
- A confirmation prompt is presented by the system to the user like continue or cancel operation, if any modifications to be done.
- All the data’s inserted will be stored in SQL.
OTHER NONFUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENT:
- Good memory space is required.
- Should be Error-free.
- Large amount of data should be handled easily.
- Backups can be done regularly.
- A password is given to the SQL server.
- Administrator and the end user, who have their own user name and password, have only the right to open the software.
SOFTWARE QUALITY ATTRIBUTES:
- Installation of this software can be done in any windows operating system.
- As the transaction takes place, the system keeps on updating the data.
In this stage, validation will be referred from the given SRS
- The system performs all the operations in less amount of time..
- Validations even for user inputs will be done.
- Avoid incorrect storage of records.
For more project Ideas visit http://www.bestprojectsidea.com/